There’s no denying that the demand for gold continues to increase. In fact, it has been accepted globally as one of the better forms of investment and a universal currency. If you are interested in gold, you will find a bunch of choices – coins, jewelry, bars, and fine timepieces. Then, there are vintage items made of gold that often fetch much more than the spot value of gold. So, should you buy gold as a part of your investment portfolio? Below are the pros and cons at a glance.
- The prices of gold never really fall beyond a point, despite the market fluctuations. So, when other investments are declining, you can still have a control on your tangible metal items.
- Gold is a tangible and liquid asset. Well, buying and selling gold is never a problem. All you need to do is find a coin shop near me, and you can buy 24k coins easily. The same dealer will also buy back the coins when you need cash.
- This is also a private asset. Unless you are stocking a huge amount, gold remains a private asset that no one needs to know about.
- Gold is ideal for small investors. If you don’t have the money to play in the stock market, gold is probably the next best and safer alternative.
- Not to forget, gold remains in demand. If you are not keen on risking money in mutual funds and stock, gold is an ideal choice.
On the flip side
- As a buyer, you have to be careful about buying gold. There are plenty of pawn shops and dicey sellers out there, who can dupe you. To solve this concern, always deal with a licensed and reputed dealer.
- Gold doesn’t bring dividends, if that is one of your concerns for investment.
- It may take a while before you can get the prices you want.
If you want to buy gold for investment needs, go for bullion coins and bars, which are safest and always come with necessary certifications. It is also easy to sell off gold coins when you need the most. Also, get your gold evaluated before you sell the same. Typically, you may get something lower than the spot value, but the evaluation and assessment must be left to a known and reliable dealer. Check online now to find more on buying gold.