Depending on their needs, a policyholder can buy car insurance online. This implies that the policyholder can select the kind of policy that would serve as the best possible financial safety net in the event of damages. A basic Third-party auto insurance policy that excludes the owner’s vehicle is legally required for everyone. To receive greater financial assistance and make a car insurance claim if the car is damaged, one can go for a physical damage auto insurance policy.
What Does Car Insurance Physical Damage Coverage Mean?
Physical damage, often known as damage insurance, is auto insurance that covers damage to the covered vehicle by offering the policyholder financial assistance in the event of such damage. This is a comprehensive motor insurance policy compared to the standard Third-party Insurance cover. A third-party insurance policy only pays out when the insured vehicle damages someone or their property.
In contrast, physical damage coverage allows policyholders to add on further protections like Zero Depreciation, Roadside assistance, Return to Invoice coverage, etc. Adding extra coverages aids in obtaining a sufficient auto insurance policy. It assists in gaining financial protection against unfavourable circumstances, such as accidents. Comparing this policy to basic third-party liability coverage, it is more comprehensive.
The own damage portion of comprehensive auto insurance coverage is comparable to physical damage insurance. Physical damage insurance protects a variety of events that could result in damage to the insured car, such as fire, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters. *
What is Included in Physical Damage Coverage?
A physical damage insurance policy’s coverages are instances in which the policyholder may make a car insurance claim. These are also referred to as the auto insurance policy’s “inclusions”. The following is a list of the physical damage coverages:
- Theft: Physical damage insurance will cover auto theft.
- Natural disaster damage is covered, including damage from earthquakes, floods, hailstorms, cyclones, etc.
- Physical damage insurance covers damage to the insured vehicle caused by fire, explosion, self-ignition, etc.
- Man-made calamities such as rioting, vandalism, strikes, etc. are covered in terms of damage.
- Accidental Damage: Accident-related losses are covered.
- Animal attack: An animal attack-related damage to the car is covered.
- An attack by terrorists results in damage.
Exclusions: What Does Physical Damage Cover Not Cover?
- When driving while inebriated, the damage is done
- Damage brought on by negligence
- Consequential loss, or more harm brought on by attempting to operate a damaged vehicle.
- When a car is utilised in an illegal or criminal action, damage results.
- Driving without proper documentation can cause damage to vehicles.
- Damage that’s mechanical or electrical.
- Regular deterioration.
- Damage was sustained outside of the nation’s borders.
- Unless covered by the Zero Depreciation Add-on, the vehicle’s depreciation.
- Striking a pet.
- Slamming into a wall or a tree.
Make sure you renew your car insurance on time.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.